breakfast, lunch -n- dinner

Serving up whatever I want.

Sep 22, 2007

2 Fingers

Today in SAT Prep. we had a story about Django Reinhardt, one of my favorite jazz guitarists. Previously unaware, the story describes Django as to only have 2 working fingers on his left hand. I knew Django was know for his picking patterns but never would I have guess he was "disabled". Muhammad Ali once said that "motivation was more important than skill when mastering a skill." This inspirational story not only allows me to think about getting to know people before I judge them, but to inspire me into - I am not going to say that if a two fingered person walked up to me I would think of them disabled. However if someone who only had two fingers came up to me looking for a guitar, I think I would be in a little disbelief. Never again will I have prerequisits of someone different.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home