breakfast, lunch -n- dinner

Serving up whatever I want.

Sep 3, 2009

The Top Songs Of The 2000s: 25-11



Here continues our journey through the top 150 songs of the past decade: 2000-2009.


25. This Celluloid Dream- A.F.I.
A.F.I. is a heavy emo rock band done right. It's dramatic and the production is low which means that unlike their "Decemberunderground" album (which was so heavily produced, anyone could make that album), this is an album that only A.F.I. can make. Their sounds and those screams mark what scene musik should have stuck with.


24. D.A.N.C.E. - Justice
The best dance artist since Daft Punk, Justice took the world by storm with their electronic pop sensibility. It's well produced, no beat is wasted and every lyrics is just as fun as the dance moves you are pulling.


23. Us - Regina Spektor
Regina Spektor could write a love song for me any day. She's so adorable and so talented. She is a genuine musician and person. This song is by far her best. Granted as a whole, the Begin To Hope album is her best full album, but this song just captures me heart every time I hear it.


22. My Doorbell - The White Stripes
The White Stripes make me jealous. Yes I want to make ridiculous musik with my wife all day, thank you for rubbing it in.


21. Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You) [ft. OutKast] - UGK
The illest intro ever. Every rapper takes their verse to new heights while the DJ just blows us away with a beat that makes us bob our heads - guaranteed. Then he drops it out! DANG! This song is so good.


20. Welcome Home - Coheed And Cambria
The hardest rocking song of the decade. The solo is imitated by every guitarist, air or real, the drums are epic and the bass is fast and choppy. The lyrics, especially the finale chorus just puts this rock song over the top. It's epic, to say the least.


19. Blood Bank - Bon Iver
Low-fi, hi-quality. Bon Iver blows our mind again with a 4 song EP in which every song, while independent, flows together so well. Mind exploded. Done.


18. We Will Become Silhouettes - The Postal Service
I don't know one person who listens to The Postal Service who doesn't want 1) a new CD and 2) a concert.


17. Chinese Translation - M. Ward
A prime example of M. Ward's talent on the guitar while keeping us attached and singing along. This is a true sign of talent.


16. What You Know? - T.I.
The best modern rap song of the past decade. Easy. T.I. is good. I don't care what you guys say. Let's hear you spit something sicker that this. "Loaded 44s on the low where the cheese at, Fresh off the jet to the Jects where the G's at". Translation: loaded guns hidden in our house in case of emergency. Quickly, I get off of the jets and head into the projects where my real brothers are. That.is.sick.
Better get your Nikes brah.


15. After The Curtain - Beirut
I don't know what it is but I just love this song. It's so simple and it's probably what Bibio listened to when they wrote Lovers' Carvings. Something about when he drops it, then brings it back in, and the crowd is there. It just reminds me of the fact that even though I try and make musik there are always people steps ahead.


14. Title And Registration - Death Cab For Cutie
Simple beat. Simple guitar. Simple lyrics. I don't know one person whose musik taste that I respect who doesn't like this song.


13. Little Weapon [ft. Bishop G & Nikki Jean] - Lupe Fiasco
Lupe writes about guns. Lupe writes about turmoil. Lupe writes about the ish that's real and uses a snare drive that reminds us high school, allowing us to connect to the kids mentioned in this song. I don't care what you guys think, this song is amazing. One of the best rap songs of all time.


12. We Belong Together - Mariah Carey
Okay. I get it. You guys don't like Mariah Carey. Name one pop song that is better written or better sung than this one. Eh? Nothing? Oh, it looks like you like Mariah Carey too. Hmmm...


11. Kid A - Radiohead
Radiohead is in the top 3 bands of the past decade. Nothing of a higher caliber of production, strings, synth or vocal range is out there. Radiohead.is.king.


Be sure to continue to come back for more of the list.
Sunday: 150-101
Monday:100-76
Tuesday: 75-51
Wednesday: 50-26
Thursday:25-11
Friday: 10 -1


Thanks to these guys for letting us jack their MP3s.
passionweiss
alltheyoungpunks09
themahoganyblog

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dsgbdfgngfn

September 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home