breakfast, lunch -n- dinner

Serving up whatever I want.

Aug 26, 2008

Yo Abe, Spin Me That Beat Again!

So Blender is a modern day musik magazine who recently interviewed Senator McCain and Senator Obama asking them to state their top ten favorite songs. Here is the outcome:


BARACK OBAMA
1. Ready Or Not - Fugees
2. What's Going On? - Marvin Gaye
3. I'm On Fire - Bruce Springsteen
4. Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones
5. Sinnerman - Nina Simone
6. Touch The Sky - Kanye West
7. You'd Be So Easy To Love - Frank Sinatra
8. Think - Aretha Franklin
9. City Of Blinding Lights - U2
10. Yes We Can - will.i.am












JOHN McCAIN
1. Dancing Queen - ABBA
2. Blue Bayou - Roy Orbison
3. Take a Chance On Me - ABBA
4. If We Make It Through December - Merle Haggard
5. As Time Goes By - Dooley Wilson
6. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
7. What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
8. I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra
9. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
10. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - The Platters



Granted we all subconsciously knew that McCain wouldn't like anything past 1978 but I think everyone here is surprised by not only one, but TWO ABBA SONGS! Also, how conceited must Obama be to pick a song where he himself gives a speech in. I'm not going to say one way or another who I'm going to vote for (McCain) but I will say that each list has its own quirks and substantial amount of predictability. C'est la vie. If you want to read Randy Newman's and Girl Talk's assessment of the list you can read the whole article here

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger theneedledrop said...

Uh oh--now I'm in a bind. I love Barak, but I don't know if I love Abba more. I have to do some soul searching. :-p

August 26, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home