breakfast, lunch -n- dinner

Serving up whatever I want.

Oct 5, 2008

Musik and Michael for Oct. 5-11.... which would be -6.

So if you like the blog, become a fan of it on Facebook. That way you'll be notified when I update the blog-a-roonie.
You can click me in order to do that if you would like.


So here are some new tunes to get you through the week. I'll be working on term paper stuff for English so I had to post this one a little early in order for you all to enjoy it.


Two Nations - The Streets - The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living - Hip Hop/Rap
Want to try some? (Download it here)
Okay, so if you don't know about The Streets, let me tell you before you run away freaked out. They're British so they cuss a lot yet their lyrics are real and intelligent. Not just about hoes and money. Accurately, this song is about how much better England is than the States. With every possible comparison (humor, publicity, corruption, economy, definitions, and musik), the proof is in the lyrics. England is better than USA. So listen and appreciate... then hate.




You Are The Only One I Love (LIVE) - Jaymay - Autumn Fallin' - Folk
So the lyrics of this song aren't too bad but really caught my  interest was the harmonization. Every time the chorus rounds, you hear a new voice accompany Jaymay's and boy, oh, boy, it's wonderful. Also towards the end, after the instrumental interlude (which allows you to sit and be content with the fluid melody occurring), when some are singing the chorus with a background singing "I love you." Great goodness that sounds good. Just stick it out - it's a longer song but it's really, really worth it.








Hometown Glory - Adele - 19 - Pop
Girl power! (Download it here)
Review by Seth.
I am not going to lie. I love "So You Think You Can Dance", mostly for the choreography of Mia Michaels. A little while ago a couple danced to this song on the show and it blew my mind. Not only was the dancing great, but the song was so powerful. The whole neo-soul thing that is happening is great and should not be ruined by Amy Winehouse's antics. It is nice to hear a real voice supported by smart instruments with actual arrangements played with real instruments. I have heard some of Adele's other songs, and I must say they are all quite good. If you like this song, check out her album entitled "19".





So there you have it folks, more musik to get you through the week. And since we all LOVE Michael Cera, here is a not-so-popular webcast series he did. It's really funny and really underrated. I recommend it to anyone who has a sense of humor which, if you're reading this, would be you.



If you're looking for more, just read some of the links to the left: The Finer Things Blog, Ten Ton Truck, WC, etc.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home