breakfast, lunch -n- dinner

Serving up whatever I want.

Oct 13, 2008

October 12-18 (Week Of The Term Paper)

So my first college term paper rough draft is due by Friday this week so needless to say I'm not going to have a life the next couple of days. Unless you consider driving 8 hours (4 there, 4 back) to Ashville, NC to see the one, the only, GIRL TALK! Yes, yes, be jealous. If you aren't jealous then you are either going to the show too or are illiterate and can't even read what I'm writing right now (Keel). So in honor of the king, we have three of my favorite mash-ups of all time. I'll try to get a video of the dancing going on tonight by the way.


Fish Tacos (ExtraTartarBlend) - Immuzikation - Probly Normal - Mash Up
Put some sauce on me! (Download it here)
So we've got Coldplay vs Weezer vs Cut Copy vs The Blow vs M.I.A. vs Reading Rainbow Theme here and it is enough to make you soul your pants. BUT, don't take my word for it, here is what Seth has to say about this song. "I have to admit I am nervous about being excited about an album (concerning Viva La Vida), as recently any of them I have gotten excited about has been pretty disappointing (Except for the new M83). This has forced me into the deep cavern of scouring the internet to find great old jams, cool new singles and creative recreations. While, I have found some good stuff on my pilgrimage, I want to feel that excitement of pulling the plastic off a new CD and being blown away. I don't know what it is, maybe its not the music...maybe its me. Whatever the problem, I hope Coldplay can help straighten it out. So, Good Music, if you are reading this right now...I miss you, come back to me. What I have posted here is a mash-up called Fish Tacos by IMMUZIKATION, which follows this formula, Coldplay - Viva La Vida + Weezer - The Greatest Man That Ever Lived + Cut Copy - Far Away + The Blow - Parentheses + M.I.A. - Boyz + Reading Rainbow Theme = Fish Tacos. Basically, if you don't like this mash-up then we are no longer friends and I have nothing else to say to you."
Well said hermano.


Give It To My Boy From School - The Hood Internet - The Mixtape Volume One - Mash Up
Don't forget your lunch! (Download it here)
So in this one we have Timbaland [ft. Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake] - Give It To Me vs Hot Chip - Boy From School. The Timbaland song by itself is marginal yet put over this PHAT Hot Chip beat (the original song is sweet btDUB) it's a masterful mash up. One that should be appreciated because anyone who can make Timbaland enjoyable has to be talented.



Summer Smoke - Girl Talk - Night Ripper - Mash Up
Kneel before the master (Download it here)
So the whole reason behind this post. Girl Talk is by far the most talented mash up artist date. His smooth transitions and broad variety of beats and lyrics are magical and worthy of our respect. Here we've got:
0:00-Amerie - "1 Thing"
0:00-M.I.A. - "Galang"
0:18-Naughty by Nature - "Hip Hop Hooray"
0:41-Black Rob - "Ready"
0:45-Hum - "Stars"
0:54-Kanye West ft. Adam Levine - "Heard 'Em Say"
1:04-Candyman - "Knockin' Boots"
1:04-Shaggy - "Luv Me Luv Me"
1:04-Real Mccoy - "Ooh Boy"
1:11-Jay-Z - "Girls, Girls, Girls"
1:12-Positive K - "I Got A Man"
1:15-Take 6 - "Spread Love"
1:21-Kanye West - "Gold Digger"
1:23-Pilot - "Magic"
1:41-Salt-N-Pepa - "Let's Talk About Sex"
1:42-George Michael - "I Want Your Sex"
1:59-Bell Biv DeVoe - "Do Me!"
1:59-Ludacris ft. Nate Dogg - "Area Codes"
Yep, that's 18 songs sampled in less than two minutes. Even if you don't like it.... wait.... wait a second.... that's impossible! Haha! I crack myself up. Seriously, like it or die.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell, man?! I dedicated the Smiths to you...

October 14, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home