breakfast, lunch -n- dinner

Serving up whatever I want.

Aug 2, 2009

The Stages Of Life, The Stages Of Musik: Part 3, Ages 16-18

The final stages of my life. I mean, I'm not dying. I'm just only 18, so this is all I've lived.



16. Tenth grade. I can drive. I have a 1996 Ford F150. I'm in a band.

Me and my other 2 band members pile into the bench seat and turn on the stereo.
In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins. Nothing.is.better.than.this.song.when.you.are.going.20.miles.per.hour.windows.down.in.midday.traffic.on.a.busy.street.


My musik collection basically consisted of the following bands on repeat. For a year. Straight.


Roscoe - Midlake - The Trails Of Van Occupanther.


You Make Me Feel - Milosh - You Make Me Feel


Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - The Smiths - Hatful Of Hollow


Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt.1 - The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots


This Modern Love - Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

~~~~~

17. New car. New life. Not really. Just sounded good.
This is the year I learned the most about musik.
Aphex Twin, Earth, Wind & Fire, Pedro The Lion, XTC, Boyz II Men, Kings Of Convenience, John Mayer, Lupe Fiasco, Daniel Johnston. This was the year I discovered Pandora radio and elbo.ws.

Granted, I view these lists a little differently now, but here is the way it was in 2007:
My top 15 albums of 2007
My top 50 tracks of 2007

~~~~~

Now I'm 18. You guys know what I've liked in 2008. I mean, this is a musik blog for Pete's sake. Just view old posts!


The next leg of life is college. I guess I'll get into poetry,


ultimate frisbee,


and Dave Matthews Band?


I guess we'll just see, and to be honest, I'm glad to see it with you. Thank you for caring, readers.

This has been my life, via musik

Stage 1
Stage 2

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home