breakfast, lunch -n- dinner

Serving up whatever I want.

Sep 24, 2009

Coke Samples In Hip Hop Are Il

Alright so here it goes. I respect Kanye as a producer. I like his first two albums. I think Graduation was all for the money and 808 and the CrapTastics isn't even musik.
However
Learning that Kanye knows the art of sampling and does it well makes me rethink my position on him. I love it when rappers sample songs; hence the reason I love 80s and 90s hip hop. Check this out and let me know what you think.

If Kanye did a show with a DJ and all records and used the legit, non-altered samples I would buy everyone of his records.

Not sampling like this crap: I'll Be Missing You - P-Diddy. All that is is Combs rapping over an already good song.

More like this: which samples
Juicy Fruit - Mtume
or if you're into this
Juicy (The Notorious B.I.G. Cover) - Emily Wells

Why is hip hop dead?
Whatever, that's a whole 'nother post.
Touch The Sky [ft. Lupe Fiasco] - Kanye West

~~~~~

Don't know if you guys have seen this yet but it's everything I want and more.

Coke always gets a party started...
Yeah Yeah Yeah La La La - Calvin Harris

~~~~~

This is alright. I'm not sure how I feel about rapping over folk classics.
Don't Think Twice (Bob Dylan Tribute, Messengers Remix) - J. Period & K'NAAN
I am all for the Illinoize though.


The Dress Looks Nice On You/Make You Feel That Way [ft. Gift Of Gab] - Sufjan Stevens & Tor



This post brought to you by the Kim family.



Thanks to these guys for letting us rip their MP3s.
popwreckoning
beatelectric
audiomuffin*
boredandbeats*
londononburgeoningmetropolis

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home