breakfast, lunch -n- dinner

Serving up whatever I want.

Nov 10, 2007

Word up..... "G".

So I have been thinking alot about words.

Words can connect people all over the world. Words of encouragement, of hate, of dispair, of false hope. Words can make or break any situation. While sometimes saying the wrong thing can make a situation worse, saying nothing at all can be just as devistating.

Words can be taken out of context, can be misinterpreted, can convince, deter and even sell. The repose you carry with your words says alot about not only how you view the person you're talking to but yourself. Cockiness, attitude and rudeness are clear when someone opens their mouth. Then again clarity, sincerity and kindness are made clear too.

I guess what I am trying to say is your words affect people more than you may think.

Earlier today in my english class, I heard a quote. "Words are the blantent beast that only the wise can cage." This is so true and a prime example, as much as I hate to say this, is our president. President Bush has a remarkable ability to misspeak. "Thanks to this new policy, OBGYN's all over the world can practice their love for women." Now we all know what our president meant, but really man, come on.

Don't get me wrong, I am pro-Bush but there is a line.

Words, man.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home